Sunday, February 23, 2014

How the Tables Turn

Played Friday and Saturday night and lost my ass!  All I know is Friday - I played terrible - I knew when I was beat even though I had strong hands… I still called.  Lost with KK, 4 times, to a lower pocket pair,… Or the check raises, ended up with me pot committed - I called knowing i'm beat.  Terrible terrible night of poker.  I didn't seem to know how to fold.

Saturday night, started off very card dead… had to rebuy, so I put $300 on the table after losing a huge pot with King high flush on the flop - I tried to betting him out of the hand, but he "had a feeling it was coming".  It did - on the river.  So now I am $600 in, but have started to gain some momentum… back up to about $$650. so I am back in the black.  Two new players sit down (after I felted a couple) and holy cow, the fireworks start up!  They each sat down with $200 (this is $1-$2 NL), their very first hand, one doubles up the other one.  One player is fairly decent - some might say - but i'm not sure that he is truly a winning player (I don't think he is).  The other player is TERRIBLE and he will leave over $1000 on the table a couple of times a week.  A few hands later I have AA under the gun.  I raise to $10, I get reraised to $30, the "terrible" player goes All In for his $200 (rebuy), the button goes all in for a little less. So of course I call (terrible player has the largest stack of those three)… and the original reraiser goes all in for around $160.  the "terrible" player, who started the All In has AK - flop comes KsKc 10d 4d 8s - "nice hand".  OMG I was so tilted after all that work getting my chips back.

Long story short, I played 12 hours, ended up $295 down.  UGH

Down $1K for past two nights… so much for the most recent winning streak.

Looking forward to winning again in the $2-$4 game Wednesday night, should be a good one!

Cash me out!

1 comment:

  1. want to know everyone's stats?

    At HHSmithy we know that having millions of hand histories every day isn’t good enough if it is a hassle to import into your favorite tracking and table selection programs.

    We know that online poker today is tough and you need to utilize every possible edge to maximize your winnings at the table. Finding the best tables to play on is impossible without up to date statistics and data on the player pool and consistently playing pots against opponents with no reads or statistics is a sure fire way to lose your bank roll fast. Never have these problems again with HHSmithy.

    ReplyDelete